Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Patrotism

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here....

Postby x50 50x » 17 Jul 2008, 20:26

Lawman_05 wrote:Learn to spell

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Life - far more important than what you do for a living.
x50 50x

Postby Reject Head » 17 Jul 2008, 21:30

Kidnutella wrote:i am very proud of this country but there are some thigns i really hate and those are IMMEGRANTS and THE GIVING BACK OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE the british empire made us the greatest country in the world and immegrants are turning our country into some kind of miniture earth with all the countrys it . my ccs teacher calls me a fascist coz of my views but i dont really give a dam

You ignorant piece of weetabix...

My grandad nearly went SENILE to fight in BOTH WARS for the freedom ungrateful HICKS like you don't appreciate. Guess what? He was an immigrant too. So was my dad, and so was my mum.

I'm not gonna stand for people like you belittle people like my family as whatever the hell you perceive us as, just like those who suck the penis of Nick Griffin, and his facsist cronies.
Reject Head

Postby UKLOVER » 17 Jul 2008, 21:34

Reject Head wrote:
Kidnutella wrote:i am very proud of this country but there are some thigns i really hate and those are IMMEGRANTS and THE GIVING BACK OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE the british empire made us the greatest country in the world and immegrants are turning our country into some kind of miniture earth with all the countrys it . my ccs teacher calls me a fascist coz of my views but i dont really give a dam

You ignorant piece of weetabix...

My grandad nearly went SENILE to fight in BOTH WARS for the freedom ungrateful HICKS like you don't appreciate. Guess what? He was an immigrant too. So was my dad, and so was my mum.

I'm not gonna stand for people like you belittle people like my family as whatever the hell you perceive us as, just like those who suck the penis of Nick Griffin, and his facsist cronies.

I must confess, even I descend from a immigrants. But you don't get more British.
Basically, for some reason beyond my comprehension, I, teh uk, was banned. I'm sure it was a mistake. But let's not fuss over it, eh?
UKLOVER

Postby Cyberpunk » 18 Jul 2008, 00:19

As I understand it your ancestors could have come from anywhere, in case you didn't know our country has been invaded on numerous occasions, we had Romans who came and gave us civilization, later on we had a French king, and even the Germans(Jutes) have invaded us, it was down to a large group of immigrants that the British identity was even created.

Although a lot of knowledge was gained from the British Empire, you can't defend capturing countries and bending them to your will, for example WW2,
also it was founded upon slavery so anyone who says it was better back then is an imbecile.
Cyberpunk

Postby tomrutters » 18 Jul 2008, 02:09

BRING BACK SLAVERY! BRING BACK THE EMPIRE! KICK OUT ANYONE WHO ISN'T WHITE, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT WHITE THEN YOU'RE NOT BRITISH.
My_name_is_sam: You obviously haven't seen my dad drunk.
Akerjlg: I am an avid viewer of Street Crime UK, so it's a possibility.
Captain Nemo:Does abortion have a secret plan which you only know half of?
19/02/06 OONM. 12/12/07 CVG.
tomrutters

Postby Sarctastic » 18 Jul 2008, 10:38

UKLOVER wrote:I must confess, even I descend from a immigrants.

Confess? You make it sound like a crime.

Anyway, I'm completely unpatriotic, this country is in all honesty rubbish, but then again every country is rubbish, thanks to politics.
Long time no see.
Sarctastic

Postby ODNETNIN » 18 Jul 2008, 10:44

tomrutters wrote:

BRING BACK SLAVERY! BRING BACK THE EMPIRE! KICK OUT ANYONE WHO ISN'T WHITE, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT WHITE THEN YOU'RE NOT BRITISH.

HOORAH.

COME ON!!!

I ALWAYS KNEW THIS DAY WOULD COME, TIME FOR THE UPRISING OF THE WHITES!

POLISH!? THEY DON'T COUNT AS WHITE PEOPLE, THEY ARE JUST ARE DIRTY AS THE BLACKS AND MUSLIMS!!!

Seriously though... I don't see why we can't be a multi-cultural country, as long as it doesn't cause some kind of Civil War, or general anarchy...
Or y'know some kinda religious... Thing...

Basically, as long as all of those who come into Britain respect us and respect peace then there's no reason to get annoyed... I mean, that's like a person comes into a room...

"Hey guys, how's everyone?"
"GET THE ******* OUT."

You wouldn't do that on a small scale, so why do it on a big scale?

Of course if someone comes in all like...

"What the ******* are you guys looking at?"
"GET THE ******* OUT."

Now that's fine, that's okay. Just treat your neighbours as they treat you...
Oh is it.
ODNETNIN

Re: Patrotism

Postby ridley » 18 Jul 2008, 12:22

UKLOVER wrote:Virtue or curse? Is patriotism good or bad? And are you patriotic?

They do say the opposite of pride is shame...

Personally, I am very patriotic. Near to the point where I salute every Union Flag I spot. For my age, patriotism is usually limited to England in the World Cup, if that even. But my pride is far more sophisticated than a mere sport.

That really doesn't sound too healthy (in my opinion)... naming yourself 'UKLOVER' and then making a thread on patriotism. Just wondering, why do you think you're so patriotic? Did someone feed any of this to you as a young child?

I'm not saying patriotism is bad or good, I'm just wondering. Of course, patriotism isn't racism (though it often crosses into it), but I know of some people that were brainwashed into believing a certain race is bad. Again, I'm not saying you were brainwashed, I'm just wondering where you got your views from (was it a parent, a brother, a history book, a teacher, the internet?)
ridley

Postby williamjaba » 18 Jul 2008, 13:32

there is a fine line between patriotism and nationalism.
Favourite musicans: The Ramones, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Blondie, The Hives, The Arctic monkeys, Klaxons, Cat Steavens, Bob Dylan, The Beastie Boys, Johhny Cash, Elvis, RHCP, Xodus
williamjaba

Postby UKLOVER » 18 Jul 2008, 17:43

Sarctastic wrote:
UKLOVER wrote:I must confess, even I descend from a immigrants.

Confess? You make it sound like a crime.

Anyway, I'm completely unpatriotic, this country is in all honesty rubbish, but then again every country is rubbish, thanks to politics.

You're right, I've been reading too much Orwell, and now use the term synonymously with 'say'.

That really doesn't sound too healthy (in my opinion)... naming yourself 'UKLOVER' and then making a thread on patriotism. Just wondering, why do you think you're so patriotic? Did someone feed any of this to you as a young child?

Strangely not. No-one (other than me) in my house is patriotic.

It just shows that anyone, of any shape or size, can be patriotic.
Basically, for some reason beyond my comprehension, I, teh uk, was banned. I'm sure it was a mistake. But let's not fuss over it, eh?
UKLOVER

Previous