Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Genral Advance Wars!

Discuss Nintendo handheld gaming here. Now includes all download discussion.

Postby catscan93 » 30 Jul 2008, 09:31

I'm new to Advance Wars
Can someone please tell me which of these you think id enjoy most, bearing in mind i will play my gamboy micro a bit more than my ds, small trouser pockets you see...

[img]http://www.games-stock.com/catalog/images/Advance%20Wars%202%[/img]

SupermewX300 wrote:Rape is best-case-scenario.
catscan93

Postby Hy H3 » 30 Jul 2008, 10:17

This topic is now about Medals on Advance Wars DS.
How many?
A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.
Hy H3

Postby moogleofages » 30 Jul 2008, 12:30

Hehehe ok Hy H3 but this is genralized (if thats a word) so there is no set topic but if you want to talk about it feel free.
@ catscan93...

I think (BHR black hole rising) great with friends.
We are nothing like God, not only do we have limited powers, we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
moogleofages

Postby goldeneye » 30 Jul 2008, 13:33

yea, catscan, if you play on your micro more than your DS, then you're looking at the wrong format. BHR or the original advance wars (which is apparently better than the sequel, or so ONM/NOM says/said) are more your area to look at, if you can find them that is.

If you're new to it, then you're looking at getting the advance versions first, BHR is no different if you've not played the original, in fact, i've never played the original, i started on BHR. I find there's no real story that can follow on from one to another, other than the same armies, COs, units and a few references here and there, but other than that they almost seem seperate games.

I think really now realisticly you're looking at getting Dark Conflict. It is a more updated version of advance wars with a whole new story and co's, and i think it's probably what should have been done when advance wars went to the DS, rather than make a third wars world one. So, unfortunatley, you're gonna need to buy trousers with bigger pockets from now on...

As for the medals topic, hundreds, three for each different achievement, and then there's the major ones on top of that, and it depends if you include all medals from all titles.

As for fire emblem, i'm really not going to say either way cause i've never played it. I hear the Gamecube version wasn't that great though, and i think as far as an official scale goes, advance wars still takes the handheld console strategy crown.

Yea, i know the mode you mean moogle. I think it was Skirmish or something.

Yes, we need placeable turrets.

I miss the humble piperunner, now there was an indirect unit, although with the absence of pipes in the latest one, it wasn't possible. A plasma runner maybe?
goldeneye

Postby Hy H3 » 30 Jul 2008, 14:52

I will rephrase;
How many medals do you have of the 300 that are possible on AW: DS?
A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.
Hy H3

Postby goldeneye » 30 Jul 2008, 15:22

ah i see. Good question, been too long to remember. I think it was in the 100s
goldeneye

Postby catscan93 » 30 Jul 2008, 16:00

thanks for the advice on which game to buy!

they are all relatively the same price if i shop around...
SupermewX300 wrote:Rape is best-case-scenario.
catscan93

Postby Yoshi Egg » 30 Jul 2008, 19:32

I'm playing dark conflict but it's just to hard , it gives te enemy a huge advantage and factories ports and airports...
Yoshi Egg

Postby moogleofages » 30 Jul 2008, 19:38

Yay yoshi egg! . Sorry for getting angry earlier it just makes my blood boil when people say a games rubbish and post it on a thread that has fans of the game in it anyway.... :roll:
We are nothing like God, not only do we have limited powers, we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
moogleofages

Postby Yoshi Egg » 30 Jul 2008, 21:06

It's a good game I just hate the missions with factories/ports/airports those battles either have the enemyss with huge advantages from the start, which never end because as soon as you destroy something they make a new one and end up completely destroying you (but first they waste like an hour of your time)
or they just never end (no side gets any closer to winning, this hasn't happened in story though)

As for fire emblem, i'm really not going to say either way cause i've never played it. I hear the Gamecube version wasn't that great though

Path of radience (gamecube) is the best game evr IMo. I'm serious about that
Yoshi Egg

Postby CameronLee » 30 Jul 2008, 22:06

Moogleofages, your chaoticness makes me lul.

I have both the DS advance wars game and I think they are both great, though if you had to choose, get Dark Conflict.
The above statement was a lie.
CameronLee

Postby moogleofages » 30 Jul 2008, 22:09

Cameronlee I aim to please but I assure you there is nothing mad or chaotic about this thread or me
*snigger*
much...
kukuku!
@___@
moogleofages

Postby goldeneye » 31 Jul 2008, 12:01

I could be wrong about the gamecube FE thing, to be honest i wasn't paying much attention to the article I was reading.

It's true the DC story mode is harder than the old style ones, but i like challenges, which is why i enjoyed it. The idea of advance wars and i think all strategy is to beat an impossible enemy with as few units as you can muster. There's always a way. i think you're talking about the vs modes there, sometimes they can be like that. If that's the case, just stick the income to 1000 per building and they won't be able to build anything for ages.
goldeneye

Postby gunlover40 » 31 Jul 2008, 15:26

257 medals :D
Don't you think the COs looked really really dodgy in BHR? I mean, look at Hawke in DS and then look at him in BHR. See what I mean?
Advance Wii- Return of Hawke
Hawke has his own army called Black Hawke who he created with VB's chair. You control that army, and dominate. Also, you capture Grimm and torture and kill him. I hate the fat, slobby man!
Traffic Cone and Professional Narcissist.

'As a serious note, will somebody just go suck off Dom so he shuts up?' Dread Raven
gunlover40

Postby moogleofages » 31 Jul 2008, 18:09

gunlover40!!!!

Your game idea is vurtually no different from mine! :o WOW!
moogleofages

Postby goldeneye » 01 Aug 2008, 13:55

I've always said that hawke should return using von bolt's chair. It has to happen.

This is my last post for a few days. basically cause of the recent brawl news thing that's come up on the top of the site (the one with the brawl characters drawn on it) might ruin the last character for me i won't be coming back on until i find the last character. it's only a few days though.

After that moogle i'll give you a brawl.
goldeneye

Postby moogleofages » 01 Aug 2008, 14:14

yay goldeneye give me a brawl wooo! I shall be ready!
:x :P :) :D

Anyway if you could choose to be a CO who would you be what me oh it has to be Hawke.
moogleofages

Postby gunlover40 » 02 Aug 2008, 14:05

Hawke any day. :D
Traffic Cone and Professional Narcissist.

'As a serious note, will somebody just go suck off Dom so he shuts up?' Dread Raven
gunlover40

Postby moogleofages » 02 Aug 2008, 15:23

Great minds think alike eh gunlover?
moogleofages

Postby goldeneye » 04 Aug 2008, 12:05

I have returned after completing my brawl character screen. Now no one can ruin it for me.

Anyway i'd pick Hawke, obviously.
goldeneye

Postby moogleofages » 04 Aug 2008, 19:15

anyone here that would pick someone else other than Hawke...

*tumbleweed*

Ooookkkaaayy! Well that ends this topic stay tuned for more Hawke goodness!
moogleofages

Postby goldeneye » 05 Aug 2008, 13:48

hawke's just too awesome not to mention.

Maybe subcontiously we all think if we talk about him enought IS will make a new game starring him.

And how much do we all want to see that?

Anyway i think Carter's the best CO in the new style, what about everyone else?
goldeneye

Postby shroomgal » 05 Aug 2008, 13:58

i hate the new dark advance wars graphics and the storyline is rubbish! the last one was so much better!
shroomgal

Postby Yoshi Egg » 05 Aug 2008, 14:29

I hate carter, that's te mission I'm stuck at :evil:
Yoshi Egg

Postby goldeneye » 06 Aug 2008, 13:30

yoshie: Try using indirect units to take out the plasma wall rather than waiting for a bomber.

If you hate it now cause you're getting stuck then i'd trade it back in again if I were you, cause it only gets worse after that.
goldeneye

PreviousNext