Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Would you?

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here....

Would you?

Postby Rost » 05 Jun 2008, 20:23

were it possible, would you allow someone to completely swap emotions and memories with you and be able to immediately bring up any moment from your past and think about it intimately? the fact you are giving away everything about yourself and letting someone see everything about you - perhaps things you would NEVER want anyone to know - is something you may never do. but think about this. in exchange, you get to have that exact insight into the other person's past and mind, knowing all of their thoughts, feelings, and deepest secrets.

this is something me and the girlfriend were talking about at the zoo yesterday, and i asked her to remind me of the conversation so i could ask all of you. i personally, would definitely do it - with the right person.
too weird to live; too rare to die

"Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires."
Rost

Postby DuranDuran » 05 Jun 2008, 20:25

Naw I'm quite content with my own self and memories etc to care about what it'd be like to be someone else :]
P-p-p-pokemon, p-p-pokemon!
Can't catch my, can't catch my, no he can't catch my Pokemon
(she's gotta catch em all)
DuranDuran

Postby Mdude38 » 05 Jun 2008, 20:25

No. I don't think it would be right. :?
"Sounds like someone wants to get...funky"
Mdude38

Postby Rawie was a Hobo » 05 Jun 2008, 20:27

Nah I'm pretty weird and pretty harsh in my own mind, and there are some things I'd never ever want anyone to know. Besides I'm not really bothered about knowing anyone else's memories or secrets or w/e.
Rawie was a Hobo

Postby Doclector » 05 Jun 2008, 20:33

No. Just no. I have far too many secrets.
Hang on while I repost my blog here in the hope that people have become less uninterested.
http://doclector.livejournal.com/
There.
PM me for FCs (wii games only)
Gamertag: UtterDoclector
Add for lots of "RAAAAAAAGH" over the mic.
Doclector

Postby JACKANAPES » 05 Jun 2008, 20:42

Doclector wrote:No. Just no. I have far too many secrets.

Like the fact you're not really a werewolf.
JACKANAPES

Postby Manga-Me » 05 Jun 2008, 20:42

Haha. No.

I rarely control my thoughts, and usually just let them go off on their own little paths, thus I have some pretty messed up thoughts and ideas going through my head all the time.

Anyone who saw them would think I was a complete freak.

(:
My Blog carthx.com
Manga-Me

Postby Nippernoo » 05 Jun 2008, 20:43

Is that because you're a "werewolf"? :| Ye... uh no.

I'm not really that bother about it. I don't have a great need to know everything about everyone anyway.
"Yes! In your Faces! Or should I say in yo faices? Ello govna! Throw another shrimp on the barbie for meee! Wait that's Irish..." ~ J.D

Postby kutchiiekew » 05 Jun 2008, 20:44

No.. I like letting my thoughts drift off and no matter how mashed up they turn out I know that they mean something in my mind.. I wouldn't be bothered about knowing others secrets or thoughts etc.
[b][color=#000000]I didnt get this far just to feel your hate.[/color][/b]
kutchiiekew

Postby flaming3 » 05 Jun 2008, 20:46

No, robots are pretty boring from what i've figured.

But in all seriousness(sp) no, I'm not that curious about someone enough to give away all my thoughts and feelings and past events and emotions. I would just get to know the person on a one to one basis.
flaming3

Postby Doclector » 05 Jun 2008, 20:46

Hey, I don't care what you think.
Hang on while I repost my blog here in the hope that people have become less uninterested.
http://doclector.livejournal.com/
There.
PM me for FCs (wii games only)
Gamertag: UtterDoclector
Add for lots of "RAAAAAAAGH" over the mic.
Doclector

Postby Sid Viciious » 05 Jun 2008, 20:47

The question is: would they want to swap with me?

SRSLY, I have some messed up feels and some highly disturbing memories. I wouldn't want anyone to go through those atrocities to get something I can find out by listening and watching. Therefore, no.
Sid Viciious

Postby SamuriFerret » 05 Jun 2008, 20:51

Doclector wrote:Hey, I don't care what you think.

But... you really aren't a werewolf.
KingdONM is coming very soon, WATCH THIS SPACE
SamuriFerret
ONM Moderator

Postby User removed » 05 Jun 2008, 21:01

Don't really have any secrets, but I wouldn't want to spill the contents of my mind I'm a pretty fierce individual (not in the sense that I put myself before others). Plus I openly share all my emotions and experiences when I play music.
User removed

Postby mewthree » 05 Jun 2008, 21:07

The painful memories would kill her, I keep my brain in a jar of pickles so I don't hurt myself, hey, I never used the damn thing anyway!

Wrathy: [Mewthree] IS AWESOME! <3
DiddyJr: letters confuses me more than any other word
Ninjakirby: I pick flowers and leak blood and pine over the children I'll never have, of course I'm a girl.
mewthree

Postby MrJimmy » 05 Jun 2008, 21:09

With the right person, maybe. Then again, probably not. One trip into my head would seriously put them off me... There are things that should stay in my head.
MrJimmy

Postby tomrutters » 05 Jun 2008, 21:15

Nope, I'm happy with my own experiences and feel no need to share some with others.

@Rost: I've just heard a brilliant speech and I hope you'll respond when I get the transcript of it (probably tomorrow) and post it in the 'Charities' thread.
My_name_is_sam: You obviously haven't seen my dad drunk.
Akerjlg: I am an avid viewer of Street Crime UK, so it's a possibility.
Captain Nemo:Does abortion have a secret plan which you only know half of?
19/02/06 OONM. 12/12/07 CVG.
tomrutters

Postby ShadowHyrule » 05 Jun 2008, 21:28

ShadowHyrule

Postby Dark Lament » 05 Jun 2008, 21:35

I wouldn't like to have it permanently...
But being able to see into someone's past, feeling, seeing who they really are...

A glimpse into some people would be a good idea for me.
I am the original Dark Lemon. Only you can prevent Lemon fraud.
~
Dork Lemonzz
Dark Lament

Postby Russell75 » 05 Jun 2008, 21:57

I would only share my thoughts with one person but even then thats only if friday goes well.
Russell75

Postby Bcoolbyte » 06 Jun 2008, 00:03

Naw, I'd never want to inflict that much trouble on someone.
[DeviantART]
[ONMix]
"It's easy to mock, but to understand is far more worthwhile..."
Bcoolbyte

Postby Gino » 06 Jun 2008, 00:06

Nah, it's more interesting to find out your self (:
Gino

Postby UntitledDocument » 06 Jun 2008, 00:06

Rawie was a Hobo wrote:Nah I'm pretty weird and pretty harsh in my own mind, and there are some things I'd never ever want anyone to know. Besides I'm not really bothered about knowing anyone else's memories or secrets or w/e.

I seconds that... there are some thoughts that should just... never come out.
UntitledDocument
UntitledDocument

Postby Reevys » 06 Jun 2008, 00:12

Surely if you swapped all thoughts and emotions, you would just be them in your body. You wouldn't learn anything new about them because you are them. Therefore, when you swapped back (if you swapped back), you wouldn't retain any memories from the switch.

Seriously, sit and think about it, and realise how it wouldn't work. You would never be able to have a brain transfer, only a body transfer, if even that were possible.
Reevys

Postby Rost » 06 Jun 2008, 00:13

i have a lot of s**t things id rather no one saw, but on the other hand, i can almost guarantee that whoever they are, so will the other person. so its basically tit for tat, the ultimate deal. there is no way i would refuse the opportunity to do that.

@ Reevys: lighten up, its a hypothetical question.
Last edited by Rost on 06 Jun 2008, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
too weird to live; too rare to die

"Absence diminishes mediocre passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans fires."
Rost

Next